Congratulations on purchasing a BamBrush!
You are now probably wondering "How do I take care of a biodegradable bamboo toothbrush?". Well don't worry, it's fairly simple and just as easy as a plastic toothbrush. There are just a few things to be mindful of during the life cycle of a BamBrush.
Maintenance Of A Bamboo Toothbrush:
Store Your Toothbrush In A Dry Area
- Moso bamboo is made of natural plant fibers. Keeping your brush in an area where your toothbrush can air-dry is ideal. An open cup that does not collect water or any other dry area is best.
Clean The Bristles After Usage
- BamBrush bristles are made of nylon to ensure cleanliness.
- Care for them as you would your regular toothbrush.
How Long Will My Bamboo Toothbrush Last?
- With proper care, your BamBrush biodegradable bamboo toothbrush will last just as long as a regular plastic toothbrush.
- Dentists recommend that in order to maintain good oral hygiene, which is directly linked to overall health, you should change your toothbrush every 2-3 months.
Proper Disposal Of A Bamboo Toothbrush:
Disposal Of The Bamboo Toothbrush
- The different parts of the toothbrush can be disassembled for proper disposal.
- The bristles are not biodegradable at a rate that is considered compostable by most people. It is rare for the bristles to be recyclable but could be recyclable in your city.
- The issue with recycling bristles is that they are very small and lightweight: curbside recycling will not work. You may be able to work out a solution by contacting your local recycling facility. But otherwise, the bristles will have to be landfilled, nylon-4 will eventually biodegrade but not at a rate that most people consider fast enough.
- The handle can be reused or disposed of in a commercial composting bin.
Removing The Bristles
- The bristles on Bambrushes are currently made from Dupont Nylon a special hygienic nylon material which can only be recycled or disposed of traditionally.
- To properly biodegrade a Bambrush you must first either snap off the head of the brush or remove the nylon bristles with pliers.
Reuse Or Compost The Bamboo Handle
- The stem of the brush is 100% moso bamboo and is 100% biodegradable. It can be disposed of in a commercial composting bin and will safely return to the soil within a few months.
How To Dispose Of The Packaging
- BamBrushes are wrapped in a kraft paper bag. This is a huge step for us in making BamBrush 100% plastic free. Kraft paper is unbleached and bio-based making it completely biodegradable.